PARISHVILLE'S FIRST ROAD
Marker Located at Stafford's Corners on Route 72
The first road in the town of Parishville, cut through in 1809, follows the path of State Route 72 from Potsdam to Parishville. It was called Luke Brown Road, named for the town's earliest settler.
TOWN OF PARISHVILLE'S FIRST HOME
Near Brick and Sandstone Home on Route 72, Parishville Center
Site of the log cabin home of Luke Brown, first settler in the town of Parishville, built in 1810.
LOCATION OF PARISHVILLE'S FIRST BRIDGE
Next to the Old Gorge Bridge
Site of the first bridge built by white men in the town of Parishville in 1809 at the central community.
LOCATION OF FIRST CHURCH IN TOWN OF PARISHVILLE
Corner of Route 72 and Chapel Hill Road
The first church in the town of Parishville was built about three miles west of Parishville's central community at the top of Chapel Hill. The church was built in 1828, but moved to the central community in 1846.
LOCATION OF THE OLD PARISH TAVERN
Next to the Main Street Bridge/Route 72
The old Parish Tavern was built by town namesake David Parish in 1815. The tavern burned in 1875.